Monday, November 10, 2008

MIY Recycled Shutter Decor, Magazine Rack


MIY Recycled Shutter Decor, Magazine Rack
Branching Out with texture to make a Magazine Rack

I just love shutters, I like to recycle them and utilizing them in various creative way
throughout my home. Fall week-ends are a wonderful time
to go antiquing or to promenade through flea-markets. I
recently had a garage sell to get ride of a lot of stuff I mainly
purchased at other garage sale. I noticed that the stuff that
I didn't’t sell is the stuff I really didn't’t want to part with. Like
this old shutter style door, so I painted it with a textured paint
and applied a free-flowing hand-painted branch design to give
it a modish edge. Branch, leaves and blossom designs are
very in this season and on everything from pillows to purses.
The shutter is now a stylish magazine rack, it’s out of my
storage and now serves a dual purpose, to organize my latest
magazines and to add elegant interest to an otherwise barren wall.
It’s a great weekend project, painting the branches and leaves
were quite relaxing to do.

To see the full project and instructions visit miycreations.com

© All Rights Reserved 2008- MaddyLane Photos and text are copyrighted - by MaddyLane Designs...No Commercial Usage or Reproduction Allowed. Thank you!
www.miycreations.com

No comments: